Matlock Bath Aquarium & Exhibitions
Matlock Bath is the gateway to the Peak District and blessed with breath-taking scenery, once described by Byron as 'a romantic fragment of Switzerland set in the heart of England'.
The Aquarium and Exhibitions are located in a wonderful Victorian building in the centre of Matlock Bath, this is a popular collection of unique attractions for all the family to visit and enjoy.
As well as our fascinating Aquarium that houses over 50 species of fish there is :
GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY
ALL THESE ATTRACTIONS ARE INCLUDED
in our entry charge of just £2.90 per person. Children aged 4 and under are free.
Open daily from Easter – End of October
10:00am – 5:30pm
(Times extended during High Season and Holiday Periods)
Our WINTER opening hours are:
Weekends from 10am to 5pm
Browse our web site to learn more about this fascinating collection of attractions and also our recently introduced Koi Carp breeding programme.
REFURBISHMENT WORK CARRIED OUT IN THE AQUARIUM FOR 2014
- NEW digital information frames fitted above all the displays in the Aquarium.
- NEW lighting fitted throughout the Aquarium and to some of the tanks.
- The Terrapins now have a wonderful NEW home.
- See the mesmerising air bubble display in the
Tanganyikan cichlid tank.
- Watch the mudskippers playing in their NEW display.